"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, This day will be gone forever; in its place will be something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
- Author Unknown
Some Thankful Thoughts
If you woke up this morning with more health than illness,
you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
Give thanks for all that you have and express gratitude for all the things you take for granted.
If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep,you are richer than 75% of this world.
If you have money in the bank, in your wallet and spare change in a dish someplace,you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthiest people.
If you can hold someone's hand, hug them, or even just put an arm around their shoulder,you are blessed because you can offer a healing touch.
Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something. Holding the door for someone, saying thank you, or even a smile at someone you pass on the street or in a store can brighten someone's day.
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
You can help for free!
Here are links to help for FREE! Click each one every day to support the cause and spread the word!
The Petition Site
is another great way to help out causes for free.
It's also an in-depth look at what is happening in the world that the media doesn't talk about as much.
Back to Sue-chan.com
National Arbor Day Foundation - Plant a tree in someone's memory, save the rainforest, or replant the National forest lost in fires. Planting trees produces oxygen, provides shade and protection for wildlife, they cut down wind resistance and add beauty to any neighborhood or street.
- The Ocean Cleanup Project can always use support! The oceans support us, so it's only fair.
- Water.org because clean water is important for ALL life on this planet.
- SOPE - teaching the world to wash their hands. Seriously - it can prevent Hepatitis A, menengitis, and all other sorts of icky diseases.
- Pointer Rescue - Foster or adopt a homeless pointer, or donate food, supplies or money to help those pointers in need.
In memory of Holly, Chief, Ginger, Codie, Pearl, and Lightning.
- The American Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals"> - American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. You can find pets to adopt, ways to donate your money or your time, and even some job opportunities!
- Lakota Wolf Preserve in North Western New Jersey is a haven for all sorts of animals - Arctic Wolves, Timber Wolves, Tundra wolves, Foxes, Bobcats, and even Whitetail deer. The preserve is right next to a Camp Taylor where you can spend the weekend. There is plenty of free-roaming wildlife there, too, like blackbears, racoons and wild birds.
- The Roar Foundation to help rescue wild animals (Tigers, Lions, Elephants and more) from being held as circus performers, on-sceen actors or even exotic pets.
- ShelterBox provides emergency housing/tents and supplies for Emergency Disaster Relief
- Volunteer from home to be a trained listener. Sometimes people need a neutral stranger to talk with. Since most random strangers wouldn't want to listen to you, this place is great, because there are strangers here for the very PURPOSE of listening to you. Vent or be a listener. It's very helpful and uplifting on both sides.
Farm Aid - helping the farmers grow the food to feed the hungy (and everyone else in the world!). Helping farmers helps everyone.
- American Heart Association
- American Cancer Society
- Children's Hospital Foundation
- Instead of a Walk for Hunger or something, it's Game for Children's Hospitals! Win Win!
- Population Connection working to try to keep the Population Overgrowth as under control as possible through education and legislation.
- Big Brothers / Big Sisters of America, giving kids someone to look up to. You can Volunteer or Donate! You can even enroll your own child.
- Ebay Foundation - helping not-for-profit organizations so communities can help themselves.
- Shelter our Sisters
in Hackensack, NJ helps shelter abused women and their children until they can get back on their feet.
Defenders of Wildlife
Sponsor an animal (Wolves, sea otters, whales, bears, dolphins, owls, panthers, etc.), learn the plight of these creatures and why they need our help, save a habitat, and even see exactly where your money goes. Great site and resource! They even give plush toys for animal sposorship!